Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Thankful Thursday with a Twist!

I read something the other day that really got me to thinking. During this time of year, people focus on what they are thankful for in their lives and this is certainly a great thing!! We are thankful for our family, our health, our home, kids, etc. Well, the article I read suggests finding something that is typically a challenge or work and find some way to be thankful for it. For example: I'm thankful for laundry, it means I have clothes to wear! So although I am definitely so thankful for so many blessings in my life that I try to post throughout the weeks, I am looking for things to be thankful for in the more challenging or not so easy moments!

Here goes:

I am thankful for having to cook and clean the kitchen because that means I have a family to share meals with.

I am thankful for my aging parents because that means they are still around for me to hug on, visit with, and love!

I am thankful for homework with my kids because that is time I get to spend with them helping them learn.

I am thankful for bills to pay because that means I have a home and car to drive.

I am thankful for drama in my children's lives because it gives me a chance to help them "grow." (this is a really hard one!!)

I am thankful for laundry because that means we have clothes to wear.

I am thankful for chaotic evenings because that means we are involved in things around us!

What is something you are thankful for??

1 comment:

  1. I am thnakful to have good health, a job, and to know Jesus!

    ReplyDelete