Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter 2011

What a blessed day! It started out early with the kids looking at their Easter baskets...okay this year, it was actually bags: Bath and Body Works for Ashlyn and Abercrombie for Reece. It was filled with some of their favorite things! With the kids ages, this year was quite different than usual, but great!

We church hopped this morning to participate in several worship services and to see one of my friend's son get baptized. What a beautiful event on Easter.

One of the best reminders I heard today: What will I do with the "cross" tomorrow as I go about my regular day?

We spent Easter day at my nephew's house with lots of food, laughter, our annual egg hunt, egg toss, and relay race. It's always such a great day! I love watching all the kids race around for the eggs and hearing everyone scream when eggs bust open during the relay. It just makes me smile. The only down side...my sweet hubby had to work! I missed him! I missed my mom today too! She loved Easter too.

Here are a few pics from the day:




These two kids are such a blessing to me!! They keep our life so full and remind me how lucky I am to be their mom!



The trash bags to "protect" us during the egg toss was brilliant!! If only we would have stayed in the competition longer.






This one makes me laugh!! My sister got splattered when she caught the egg and it broke. I love the face she is making!

No comments:

Post a Comment