Friday, April 2, 2010

Ladies Retreat 2010






As I've said, the Ladies Retreat is one of my favorite weekends out of the year! God always blows me away with how He works through this ministry! Many of us spend several months in prayer and preparation for this weekend and when I'm up in front of all those ladies at the end of the weekend and hearing them share their stories and how God has changed their lives or worked something out for them, I can't explain how I feel! There were about 160 ladies in attendance this year. That is more than we've ever had before! I have the honor of being over the retreat and have an incredible team of helpers that help me with the weekend. We have several sessions of praise and worship and listen to speakers who have a message to share with us all. There are also a few sessions available just for fun. This year we heard about Organizing from Asha Kenebrew and skin care from Michelle Hightower. Since last year, we have incorporated our own version of the Amazing Race. It is a BLAST!!! One of my good friends, Dena Horne, is over it and she does an incredible job!! My team is team LOL and as you can see from the pictures, we like to have fun, BUT want to win!! (okay, I especially want to win-I am very competitive) Well, last year we got beat by my sisters and nieces (I will never hear the end of that) and this year we just knew we would win. In fact we were in 1st place for many of the events until we got to the Sleeping Beauty one. Notice the pictures of us on the cots. Yeah, we had to lay there 2 MINUTES and 3 other teams go to pass us since we were already on the cots!!! NOT GOOD!!! You'll notice the picture of Liz and I with our bodies partially up and scowls on our faces. We weren't happy! And let me just say, that was the longest two minutes ever! LOL!! So, we ended up in fourth place, had a blast running the race (except the cots) and ended up winning a 30 minute massage. So, we were very happy! Each speaker at the retreat brings a wonderful message with great points to remember. We have a couple of speakers on Saturday and then one on Sunday with a section called Wit and Wisdom. Sunday is always a favorite of everyone! The ladies have so much wisdom to share and also add in humor. We were reminded the important points of how we should treat our husbands and also checking our hearts. Are we in a close relationship with God? Are we giving him everything or do we have idols that we are holding onto that are more important than our Savior? It really made me think and spend a lot of time in prayer. Sadly, there are some things I am clinging to too tightly, but I am letting them go. God really spoke to me in that session and I know He is still molding me into what He has planned for me! I hope I don't disappoint Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment