Monday, April 26, 2010

Marriage Mondays

I saw this on another blog and thought it was a good idea! A time to reflect on our marriage: the joys, the trials, and the struggles. The blog is listed above in the box for those of you who want to check it out.

For today, I will fill you in on how I met my husband. We actually met in elementary school during the 4th grade. We sat by each other in our 4th grade class and our teacher will still tell students to " be careful who you sit by, you could end up married to them!" Well telling that to a bunch of 9 year olds always makes them squeal!! It is rather funny! I can remember Keith making me laugh in elementary and jr. high, but I got to know him a little better in high school as we hung out with the same people. It wasn't until jr. college though that we started talking more. We both dated other people that were out of town, so we would hang out more on the weekends! I loved being around him because he was always so fun and made me laugh. And of course, I thought he was so cute!! For several years we would go out with groups and friends and talk a lot, but still dated other people. I can remember specifically many times being out with someone else and thinking, "ok, I need to get home or check my cell phone because Keith should be calling me soon." Or I'd would be out and wishing I was out with Keith instead. I looked forward to talking to him each day. He had become one of my best friends, so there was that nervousness of messing up a good friendship. Well, finally one day we were at a crawfish boil and then went out afterwards and we finally smartened up to the fact that we really liked each other and the rest is history! We got married in the summer of 1996. He is still so funny, makes me laugh, so considerate, and of course so cute!! I am so blessed to be married to him and he is still the one that I can hardly wait to talk to each day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment