Saturday, October 23, 2010

Broken Wrist


My poor guy broke his wrist two weeks ago. I was out of town with girlfriends and received a phone call from a neighbor saying he thought Reece had broken his arm. UGH!! My heart sank. My mind flooded with thoughts that I was out of town and Keith was at work. All I wanted was for Keith to get to him as quickly as possible!! Thankfully we had good friends that helped out until Keith could get to him. Of course Keith literally flew down the highway to get to Reece and took him to Texas Children's Hospital. They took great care of him and confirmed he had broken his left wrist. ( and yes he is left handed) For those of you wondering how: football in the neighborhood with friends. Not just regular football, but on the trampoline. He told me, " I was closer to the edge than I thought, Mom." Yes, I guess he was! Here is a pic Keith sent me to keep me updated. I just cried when I saw it!! I know it is just a broken bone, but it is my baby's broken bone!! He still had a great smile on his face! I am so proud of him and how well he handled it! He has loved telling the stories about the whole ordeal, and it taking three times to get an iv in his arm! It's gotten him a lot of attention. (especially with the girls at school. Heehee!)A few days later, he told me that getting a flu shot would be no big deal anymore! LOL!!

Update: He got his hard cast on last week and he has more mobility with it. He is such an active boy!! Next week we are getting a water proof cast put on. He is excited about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment