Sunday, January 16, 2011

Mind Games

It happens so quickly. We lose who we are by being caught up in things around us and losing sight of truth. How quickly we can let others and circumstances mold us instead of being molded by God. We can let our minds be filled with untruths. I've been in a battle the past few weeks and really struggling with different emotions. I've spent a lot of time in prayer and reading scripture. God has reminded me of several key truths. One main scripture is

Romans 12:2 2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

I've known this scripture for many years, but it has so much more meaning to me now.


Proverbs 3:5-7 (New International Version, ©2010)

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight

Another scripture I have known, but one I am relying on. Trust in the Lord with all my heart!! Not just part of it. Don't lean on my understanding or others, but lean completely in Him. He will make my paths straight. For the first time in a long time, I am completely relying on God to lead me.

I have decided 2011 will not be the same as 2010. Last year had some great moments, but also some regrets that I will not repeat. I am determined to grow closer to God, know Him better, and serve where He wants me to. I know God has great things in store for my family and me.

1 comment: