Monday, March 7, 2011

Weekend Getaway

My husband just finished a turnaround a few weeks ago, which means he worked A LOT!! He has been on nights so I would catch a glimpse of him in the mornings or maybe 45 minutes before he left for work. Needless to say, it was a long 6 weeks! We survived though and decided to have a weekend getaway to celebrate it being over and enjoy time just the two of us! I missed him!! I'm thankful he doesn't have to do this often.

We love going to the hill country so I found a Bed and Breakfast that looked wonderful online. It was perfect and turned out exactly as I hoped. I'm one of these that has high expectations of things and can be somewhat disappointed when things don't turn out "just right." Well, no disappointment here. It was a perfect weekend! If you are ever looking for a nice getaway in the hill country, check out The Inn Above Onion Creek It is fantastic. The suite we stayed in was wonderful and the food was delicious. They not only had a hot meal each morning for breakfast, they also had a three course meal for dinner. This worked out great because we didn't have to go search for a great place for dinner in the evenings, but could relax and stay around the inn. We also visited a few of the wineries in the area and enjoyed lots of great wine throughout our stay. One of the best things was the couple's massage. It was so nice and relaxing. Every time I get a massage, I always say I should have one more often. I forget how great they are! Maybe this time I will follow through.

We had a great time just relaxing and hanging out together with no rushed schedule. Although we work hard at making time for just the two of us, some times we forget what that is like because of the busyness of life. I must say it is nice knowing that after so many years together, we still love hanging out together and having fun. So this is one weekend I won't soon forget.

If you looking for a great place to go, you should check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment