Monday, March 28, 2011

Ladies Retreat 2011

Amazing. Powerful. Life changing. Renewing. Blessing. Fun. Those are just a few of the words that come to me when I think about the retreat. I always enjoy the retreat and look forward to it each year, but this one really stands out! God blew me away again!

This was our 14th year to have the retreat and my third year to lead it. As the leader, I see the retreat through new eyes. God always shows himself to me, but the way He orchestrates everything for the retreat amazes me! He sends wonderful helpers to prepare and run the retreat. He sends speakers with the perfect messages for the ladies in attendance. He sends wonderful musicians to share their gifts through song. Although, I get somewhat anxious right before the retreat, God reminds me He is in control and He works it out perfectly for His glory.

I love to hear the ladies tell the stories of how God touched their lives and how He used the speakers to speak directly to people in the audience. It warms my heart!

I am so blessed to attend this retreat with my sisters, nieces, mother in law, and wonderful friends. That is just an added bonus to this retreat!! We always have such a special weekend full of laughter, crying, great discussions, and more laughing!

The ladies in attendance are such a blessing to me! Their kind words, encouragement, support, and love mean more to me than I can really express. They bless me and I am so honored to be a part of such amazing women.

God has taught me so much over the past few months. I'll share more soon!

Here are just a few pictures from the weekend!







1 comment:

  1. So glad I got to go! We had such a good time. Great job, Jackie!

    ReplyDelete