Saturday, August 21, 2010

New Beginnings

Well, the first week for teachers is complete. It went well, but seemed long!!! Of course it did since I have played for most of my summer! We had a lot of meetings and then a day to work in our rooms. I love the workday because I get so much done! I forget how overwhelming the beginning of school is though. We get new material and information about the curriculum, but not a lot of time to "digest" it. I teach a 3rd grade language arts' class and a 4th grade one. Teaching two grade levels is challenging! I love teaching reading and writing, but it is amazing the load that comes with two grades. My room is overflowing with textbooks alone! Luckily, I love what I do!!

I do love new beginnings! I love in the teaching career that you get to start over each year with a new class. I love meeting my new students and getting to know them! (Since I teach 3rd and 4th grade, my 4th grade is the kids I had last year so it is fun to have them again as well) I love the new opportunities that are presented each year. God has reminded me lately the importance of my role. One of my friends told me, "Never underestimate the impact you have on others." It really made me stop and think about my impact on others in my personal life and career.

One of my friends on Facebook posted this status:

New Beginnings, new school year, new friends, new opportunities. Teaching is a mission field. Lead well.


What a great reminder to me and to all that teach! Our opportunity and influence is huge...I pray I am up to the challenge and lead well!! God has placed me where I am for a reason. May I do the job well that He has set before me!!

2 comments:

  1. Amen sista! I will pray for you. You are a super teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish all teachers were like you! Can my boys just have you each year for every subject???? LOL!!!
    I am praying you and your students have an excellent year!!!

    ReplyDelete