Friday, August 13, 2010

So long sweet summertime...I will miss you!!

Summer is quickly coming to an end and I am really going to miss it!! I must say that I really enjoyed every (well, just about) minute of this summer! I've been reflecting over all the fun we've had this summer, and I'm reminded how blessed I am to have this time off each year!!

Things I've LOVED about this summer:

I only set my alarm about 3 times all summer and that was so we could be up on time to leave on our vacations!!! : )

Peaceful evenings of not having to rush around and do homework, stay on Reece about getting things done, or go buy last minute needed items for school.

Sporadic date days or nights or both with Keith whenever we wanted them!

Sleeping in

Unrushed mornings drinking coffee with Keith and just visiting.

Fun times with my kiddos just hanging out and watching movies, playing games, or just laughing about silly stuff!

Time with my girlfriends. We have laughed and visited and soaked up some sun! Eaten, solved some issues, Oh, and laughed some more!

Hanging out on the beach, sailboat, roof top, and balcony in Cozumel with my friends! What a relaxing trip and talk about some laughs...

Colorado was FABULOUS!! The weather and scenery can not be beat!! The memories made there with my kids, family, and friends are some I will not soon forget! Around every corner was a beautiful spot waiting to be discovered!

Floating the Comal with my family. I absolutely LOVE New Braunfels and spending it with so many of my family members was perfect!! All the great food places, goodies from the bakery, and hanging out all day was wonderful!!

Getting to hang out with my family and friends and there wasn't the rush or unavailablity because of being "busy."

My recent love of this summer is the trip we made to Yepez Vineyard this past Thursday night with a group of friends! We had a blast! The music was great, wine was good, and the visiting with friends was fantastic!

Staying up late reading

Laying on the couch doing nothing whenever I wanted to!!!

So summertime, you have been very good to my family and me!! I will miss you! My hope is I do not let the "busyness" of life steal away any of the great moments that I can share with my family and friends!! I hope to keep a touch of these summer "treats" going throughout the year!!

2 comments:

  1. We always have our "show" nights!!!! I will miss you too while you are at work...I got used to you being a SAHM this summer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love summertime too. I agree with trying to keep the spirit of summer alive all year!

    ReplyDelete