Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A few of my favorite things... part 1

I've enjoyed doing my thankful Thursday blog this year! It has helped me stay focused on being thankful especially during challenging times. This week I'm thankful for all the same things as last week in addition to being thankful for all this time off! I have really needed it!!! I love no schedule, relaxing, hanging out with Keith, and my kids! It really is one of my favorite things in my life. I LOVE being a wife and mom! It doesn't get any better!!!

Hanging out with Keith is something I look forward to whether it is relaxing at home, going out on a date, or traveling. It is such a blessing to be married to your best friend!



Watching my children participate in activities is definitely one of my favorite things. I love, love, love cheering them on in their sports and watching them in action! They make me smile!





Here are a few favorite scriptures that I have meditated on this year:

Matthew 22:37
And he said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.

Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

Proverbs 3:5-7

5A)">(A) Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
andB)">(B) do not lean on your own understanding.
6In all your waysC)">(C) acknowledge him,
and heD)">(D) will make straight your paths.

Romans 12:2
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Isaiah 40:31
but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

I have enjoyed being a part of book club over the past couple of years. I love reading so this has been a perfect pairing for me: reading and socializing about it!!! Here are some of my favorite picks from the year:











My most favorite thing of all: FAMILY!!










I'm so blessed that we all live near each other and get to spend so much time together. I can't imagine this journey without them!




No comments:

Post a Comment