Monday, December 20, 2010

I Love you Mom!



My sweet momma went home to be with the Lord on December 11, 2010. All the family was there with her as she took her last breath. It is a time I will always remember. The last few days with her were filled with reminders of how much we loved her and gratitude for all she has given each of us during our life. I'm thankful for that time we were given. This whole experience has been somewhat surreal. I keep thinking, "Did this all really happen?" It is somewhat of a fog. Mom had battled with Parkinson's disease for many years and we knew the end was drawing near. As prepared as we thought we were, we really weren't. It is never easy to say good bye. I'm so blessed with great friends and family to help me through this challenging time. I am so thankful for the years I had with mom and the legacy she left behind to each of us. I look forward to seeing her beautiful face again and holding her precious hand!!

2 comments:

  1. Loss is never easy. I'm so sorry. I'm grateful for the Godly example she was in your life. What a blessing! Hugs and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She just has the sweetest face! I know you miss her so much already! Only time will help it get better! Love you girl!!!

    ReplyDelete