Thursday, December 23, 2010

Thankful Thursday!

I am extremely thankful on this day for so many people in my life! I try to be grateful for those around me on a regular basis and on most of my previous post my "items" are very similar, but over the past few weeks it has magnified to be of all the blessings God has given me!!

So, the things I am most thankful for:

I am so thankful for the last few weeks God gave me with my mom!! I had time to love on her and remind her how much she meant to me and to tell her I love her over and over again!! I'm also thankful for the moment God gave me as our family surrounded mom as she left this earth. I'll never forget it!

I am so thankful for my wonderful dad!! He is the most caring, kind, compassionate, servant that I know. He took wonderful care of mom with no complaints, but gratitude the whole time. I only hope I can apply some of what he has taught me!!

For my sweet husband that I can not say enough about. What a blessing! I never had to ask him to do anything. He took over and handled things and did things for us before we would even think about it. He never left my side, he encouraged me, listened to me, and did more than I could have asked for!

My brother and sisters are incredible!! We've laughed and cried and told some great stories. I am thankful I have them to walk with on this journey!!

My extended family: there can't be a better one out there! : ) I am so thankful that we are so close and that they show up, hang out, laugh and talk, and support us!! I am especially thankful for my brother in law through this time! He was so helpful with everything!!

I am so thankful for my best friends! They stood in the hall and listened to me. They cried with me, hugged on me, brought in more food and drinks than even my family could consume! They showed up to help me when I felt like I was falling apart. What a huge blessing they are in my life!!

I am so thankful for all my friends that sent kind thoughts through texts, emails, cards, and in person. I am thankful for my friends that showed up for the visitation and funeral. I was overwhelmed by the love we were shown by everyone. It meant more than I can ever put into words.

I am especially thankful for all the prayers for our family! I felt them and know that God is getting us through this whole process.

A few people told us after the visitation that it sounded like a party was going on! I like that! We were celebrating a wonderful life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment