Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Some holiday cooking going on...




Tonight I am making potato soup- easy and looks good. I'll let you know:

6 baked potatoes, cooled
2 cans chicken broth
4 TBS sour cream
Pepper, bacon bits, shredded cheese, green onions

Peel potatoes. Cut in cubes. Place 1/2 of the potatoes in a blender, add broth, and blend until smooth. Pour into sauce pan, stir in sour cream, pepper, and remaining potatoes. Cook over low heat until heated. (don't boil) Garnish with cheese, bacon, and gr. onions.

We just finished making some White Chocolate Trash! Maybe there will be some to share with friends after we all keep walking by "sampling" some.


Thursday night- I'm cooking Chicken Enchiladas, Spanish rice, and black beans



Christmas Eve- For breakfast I am making a new breakfast casserole:
16 oz. pork sausage
12 eggs
1 can cr. of mushroom
1 1/2 cup milk
4.5 oz sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup shredded cheese
32 oz hash browns

Cook sausage. Drain. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9x13 pan. In large bowl, beat eggs, cream of mushroom, and milk. Stir in sausage and mushrooms. Mix in hashbrowns. Bake in pan for 45 - 50 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and cook 10 more minutes.

Christmas Eve is one of our FAVORITE nights as a family! After Candlelight service, we have a huge celebration at my neice's house with family and friends. Santa even comes to visit!



On the menu for the night is brisket, potato salad, pinto beans, creamy corn casserole, green beans, rolls, and loads of desserts, chips and dip. YUM!!!! This is different from our usual Mexican fiesta, but I have a feeling we will LOVE this meal just as much! My nephew and dad will be smoking the brisket all day and I know this will good for my Dad. He hasn't had very much time the past few years to do that kind of thing, so I'm excited for him to be more involved!





One recipe I'm over is: Corn Casserole

Lg bag of frozen corn. Heat in skillet with 16 oz. cream cheese. Add diced ham, 4 oz. chopped jalepenos (drained) 1/2 beer, and I add about a cup of cheese. Mix well. Put in 9 x 13 pan and bake at 350 for about 20 minutes. Top with cheese and bake until melted. It is delicious!!

I'll update Christmas cooking later.

No comments:

Post a Comment