Tuesday, February 1, 2011

100th Day

Today was the 100th day of school!! The primary kids came to school with t shirts on that they've made with 100 items on them. I love to see the creations! For my older kids though we did different activities and my favorite one was they wrote about things they want to do or see before they are 100. Most of my 3rd and 4th graders want to be rich and become famous. The girls want to meet Justin Beiber and the boys want to play pro sports. A few different ones that stood out to me this year were: swim with dolphins, help a special cause, go to the top of the Eiffel Tour, become a teacher, and have lots of kids. These kind of things make me smile. I love the innocence of these children!!

This activity made me think about things that I want to do and see. I've had an ongoing "list" for years about things I want to see and do, and I've been blessed to check some things off, but it's amazing how the older I get the list adjusts some. Now don't get me wrong, there are still plenty of things that have remained the same!

Here are some things that I hope to do before I'm 100:

Build self confidence in my children and watch them grow in Christ

Introduce others to Jesus

Instill in my children that God has great things in store for them

Help others as much as I can

Pray about something immediately before worrying about it (now that would be great!! )

Know when to let go




Places I want to see and things I want to do:

Go on the Disney Cruise as a family

Take the kids snorkeling

Visit Greece

Enjoy dinner and wine at a restaurant in Italy

Go on a winery tour in Napa Valley

Soak up the sun in Tahiti

See our Nation's Capitol

Show Keith the view from Top of the Rock in NYC and share a piece of my favorite cheesecake from Carnegie Deli

Stay at a mountain lodge in Gatlinburg

Plan a surprise get away for Keith and pull it off without him figuring it out!

Help children in need

Grow the Ladies Retreat and bring up other leaders

"You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth." William W. Purkey

1 comment:

  1. Those are all great! I can send you the link to the house we stayed in Gatlinburg...it was beautiful!
    I may have to steal this idea for my blog....had a little bloggers block lately!

    ReplyDelete