Friday, February 18, 2011

Life Updates

This past week has been absolutely full of activity! (Actually the past month) One thing I've learned over the past two months and losing mom is to savor all the little moments. It's so easy to go through our everyday lives and not enjoy the small moments. It's like we are always living for a different stage of life or a different event. THIS is our life! Each day is a part of our journey. We only get one round!! My eyes have really been opened to live each life to the fullest!!! What are we waiting for??

So this week, I've enjoyed going with my daughter to her UIL awards and watching her win 3rd place in writing. I am so proud of her! I've taken my son to baseball practice and I can't help but smile watching him hit the ball and play out field! They really are both such a JOY to me! I've tried to intentionally enjoy all the moments and not get wrapped up in the craziness and become frustrated. (Like I can do on so many occasions) I've loved visiting with them, laughing at their stories, and just watching movies with them. I've known parenting was such an important job, but over the past few months I have really realized the huge impact I have on my kids and it is 24/7 job keeping my kids healthy mentally, physically, and spiritually! I'm committed to giving my kids the best of me I can!

My sweet hubby is working so many hours! I will be glad when we go back to our regular schedule. His crazy schedule has made me appreciate all our moments together very much. I'm so blessed he is not only my husband, but my best friend as well. We have planned a fantastic get away once work slows down. I can hardly wait for that!!!


Work has been so busy and challenging! Keeping these kids focused and following directions is often difficult! We had writing camp this week for my 4th graders and they absolutely loved it. We are reading the novel, Ramona and Her Father, in 3rd grade. It is great!

God continues to work in my life in amazing ways. He whispers gentle reminders to encourage my children and my husband, to love them, and enjoy them. He reminds me to speak up some times about the truth, speak gently on occasions, keep ideas to myself, and some times to just walk away. He often reminds me to ignore some statements and move on. That is often difficult for I will carry a statement or a jab with me often far too long. I read a question the other day that really hit me, "Why would I let his unhappiness dictate my attitude?" Too many times I analyze what someone meant by what they said, or "didn't say", (some times silence speaks volumes!) and I realized, I can't let other people influence my happiness and my attitude. Sadly most times I think they are unhappy with themselves or their life so they say things or remain silent because they are unhappy.

So, life is good! I hope I will continue to stay focused and intentionally live out each of my days.

I hope you can find things in each day to enjoy and savor. Don't rush through all the moments. Notice what blessings God has given you!

No comments:

Post a Comment