Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sunday Tidbits

I love Sundays! I love worship, learning more about God, and spending time with my small group! Here are a few tidbits God has shown me today:

I am reminded today the importance of spending time with my family learning scripture. Throughout the years I have learned a few scriptures, but where I am as a Christian, I should know so many more. I want my children to know scripture and have the truth to rely on in their time of need. I talked to my kids tonight about us learning scripture as a family and really helping each other follow through. I am excited to see what God will do with this. Our scriptures for this week are:

Deuteronomy 7:5-6 You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart.

Luke 6: 27-28 But I say to you who hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you.


I have a small group that I have been meeting with for years so we have grown close over the years. It's a great group of people to encourage me, challenge me, learn from, laugh with and cry with. I am so blessed! We are currently reading, The Me I Want to Be by John Ortberg. This weeks focus was on renewing our mind. This past week I have intentionally focused on my thoughts and what do I spend my time thinking about. Our mind is so powerful! Over the past months I have relied on scripture to help me when I worry or am feeling down and it has really helped so much! Of course I have times that I slip back to thinking about things I shouldn't or dwelling on thoughts I need to get over, but I am really working on renewing my mind and not conforming to the ways of this world. It is an everyday battle!!

No comments:

Post a Comment